Use of this website does not in any manner constitute an attorney-client relationship between Eisenberg & Associates Inc. (E&A Inc.) and the user.
While the information on this site is about legal issues, it is not intended as legal advice or as a substitute for any advice rendered by this E&A Inc.
The content of this website does not constitute legal advice, does not necessarily reflect the opinions of E&A Inc. or any of its employees, and is not warrantied in any manner to be correct, complete, or of currency. The articles and information on this website are provided without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
We at E&A Inc. respect your right to privacy.
Where we refer to “personal information”, it means “personal information” as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPI“), and “personal data” as per the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“the GDPR“). Personal information includes any information about a person that can be used to identify a person directly or indirectly. It includes information like a name, an identification number, location information, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person. POPI includes the personal information of juristic persons in its ambit – so we will protect the personal information of juristic persons in the same manner as any other person’s personal information.
Use of website and information which may be collected
- E&A Inc. uses Google Analytics to collect site traffic statistics. Analytics tracks and reports website traffic. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- For more information, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms.
Purpose for processing personal information
E&A Inc. may process personal information:
- to provide services to clients;
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations;
- if a data subject has provided their consent; or
- if the processing is allowed by law.
E&A Inc. processes personal information for various purposes including for –
- Facilitating transactions with data subjects;
- Collecting data for statistical purposes to improve its services;
- Fulfilling its contractual obligations to its clients and client contacts;
- Complying with the provisions of statute and regulations;
- Attending to the legitimate interests of data subjects;
- Identifying prospects for enhanced service delivery and business sustainability;
- Tracking data subject activity on the website and its links as well as their transactions with E&A Inc.
- Confirming and verifying data subject identity or verifying that they are authorised users for security purposes;
- Audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
Retention of personal information
E&A Inc. retains personal information for as long as may be reasonably necessary in accordance with applicable law.
We will take all appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information to prevent loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of your personal information or unlawful access to or processing of your personal information. Our technical and organisational personal data security measures include:
- the storage of your personal data under password-secured databases;
- the restriction of access to your personal data to specific staff / personnel who are designated and mandated to manage your personal data;
- the restriction of access to all our premises where your personal data is stored in physical or digital form; and
- the binding of any third parties who handle your personal data to confidentiality obligations with respect to the same.
Links on our website
We may include links to other third party websites which do not fall under our supervision.
We cannot accept any responsibility for your privacy or the content of these websites, but we display these links to make it easier for you to find information about specific subjects.
Lodging a complaint
If you believe we are using your personal information unlawfully, please let us know first (on [email protected] or 021 421 7003). You may lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator (South Africa) with the following contact details:
- •Website: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/.
- Address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001.
- Postal address: P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
- Complaints (complete form 5)
- General enquiries: [email protected]
If you are in the European Union or the United Kingdom, the following details may be used for the relevant regulatory authority.
|GDPR||The European Commission||Online complaint procedure: https://ec.europa.eu/info/about-european-commission/contact/problems-and-complaints/how-make-complaint-eu-level/submit-complaint_en
Address: European Commission, Secretary-General
B-1049 Brussels, BELGIUM
|Data Protection Act, 1998 (UK)||The independent Data Protection Authority (“DPA“) per member state|
The Information Commissioner’s Office
|Website listing all DPA’s per member state: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Children’s personal information and special personal information
We do not intentionally collect or use personal information of children (persons under the age of 18 years), unless with express consent of a parent or guardian or if the law otherwise allows or requires us to process such personal information.
SUITE 904, 9TH FLOOR, TOUCHSTONE HOUSE, 7 BREE STREET, CAPE TOWN
TEL: +27 (0)21 421 7003
BUSINESS HOURS: MON – FRI: 8:00AM – 4:30PM