Please note that it is required by law that all children under 18 who travel to and from South Africa must be in possession of an Unabridged Birth Certificate (UBC) or equivalent document and a parental consent affidavit. An equivalent document is any official document or letter issued by a foreign government (including a foreign embassy) or a letter issued by the Director-General of the Department of Home Affairs in lieu of an unabridged birth certificate and which serves as a confirmation of parentage of a person below the age of 18.

Please click here to download the parental consent affidavit and note that both parents whose details appear on the UBC or equivalent document shall consent to the child’s travel.

Want to know more about immigration? Click here for Immigration Services

Contact Us